LIBRARY MANAGEMENT Activities
Library Management is a sub discipline of institutional management that focuses on specific issue faced by libraries.
Library management encompasses normal managerial tasks as well as intellectual freedom and fund raising responsibilities.
It enables to:-
- Keep record of different categories like Books, journals, Newspapers, Magazines etc.
- Classify the books subject wise.
- Enter new books in an easy way.
- Keep record of complete information of a book like book name, Author’s name, Publisher’s name, Date/Year of Publication, cost of the book, book purchasing date/Bill no.
- Automatic fine calculation for late returns.
- It provides opportunity for students to become familiar with their library, assist staff and gain valuable skills.
Student’s responsibilities may include:-
- Assisting students with locating books using computers.
- Maintaining order and neatness in the library.
- It enables the students to share their knowledge and assist students using the resources available in the library.